Please use docs.servicenow.com for the latest documentation.
This site is for reference purposes only and may not be accurate for the latest ServiceNow version
| Note: This article applies to Fuji and earlier releases. For more current information, see Notify at http://docs.servicenow.com
The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated. Visit http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
Notify enables organizations with a Twilio account to send notifications using text and voice messages. It also allows conference calls between ServiceNow users to enable quick communications.
When Notify is active, you can configure ServiceNow to automatically generate and send notifications to selected contacts, for instance when a new incident alert is raised in the incident alert management process.
Users with the notifynow_admin role can set properties and monitor message and conference call activities.
Notify is available starting with the Dublin release.
Working with Notify
Follow this process to enable and use Notify:
- Set up a Twilio account to provide phone connectivity for Notify.
- Activate Notify.
- Configure Notify to use Twilio.
- Begin using Notify immediately within incident alert management.
- Use the Notify API with other ServiceNow applications to provide SMS, voicemail, email, and conference calls for those applications.
Menus and Modules
Administrators and users with the notifynow_admin role can view and edit Notify information using these modules:
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Notify is available as a separate subscription from the rest of the ServiceNow platform.
To purchase a subscription, contact your ServiceNow account manager. The account manager will arrange to have the plugin activated on your organization's production instance, generally within a few days.
|Note: If you do not have an account manager or decide to delay activation after purchase, use the steps below when you are ready to activate.|
You can evaluate the feature on a sub-production instance without charge by requesting it from the HI Customer Service System.
|Click the plus to expand instructions for requesting a plugin.|
- Notify administrators can mute, unmute, and kick participants on a conference call.
- Conference calls are public by default, allowing additional participants to join.
- Several options are added to check if phone numbers are SMS or voice capable (see added system properties and API methods).
- Define SMS and email questions and answers for assigning incidents, and follow the conversation thread.
- Notification preferences have been implemented to indicate the preferred SMS or voice number or email address.
- Trigger rules supersede certain business rules to determine the conditions that must be met before a notification is sent and what action must be taken. For example, they can be used to trigger a script or a workflow. Trigger rules apply when both on-call scheduling and Notify have been activated.
- The workflows On-Call: Assign and Notify and On-Call: Assign by Acknowledgement, that incorporate SMS notifications and the possibility to accept or reject auto-assignment through responding to SMS notifications. Applies when both On-Call Scheduling and Notify have been installed.
- Group contacts can be added when a Notify call is initiated from an incident alert, making it easier to include on-call employees into a conference call.