Please use docs.servicenow.com for the latest documentation.
This site is for reference purposes only and may not be accurate for the latest ServiceNow version
| Note: This article applies to Fuji. For more current information, see Cost Management at http://docs.servicenow.com
The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated. Please refer to http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
IT cost tracks configuration item costs. The costs can be allocated to business units and used in reports. Specifically, IT cost enables these features:
- Using rate cards.
- Defining configuration item (CI) costs.
- Tracking one-time costs for CIs.
- Processing recurring CI costs to generate expense lines.
- Distributing bulk costs to multiple expense line sources.
- Tracking costs related to tasks and projects.
- Aggregating configuration item costs and charging the total cost to a business service or application
- Allocating expense lines to business units with flexible allocation rules.
- Tracking planned and actual budget costs by cost center.
IT Cost Options
Use the following IT cost options to plan and control business costs.
- Create rate cards to properly track configuration item, contract, task, and labor costs.
- Create expense lines and expense allocation rules.
- Aggregate configuration item costs and apply the total cost to a business service or application using relationship paths.
- Create distribution costs and distribution cost rules to divide costs between a group of records.
IT cost uses the following user roles:
|Role title [name]||Description|
|financial admin||Manages financial processes in the system.|
|financial user||Participates in financial processes and has limited access to functionality.|
|Note: The IT Finance application also uses these roles, starting with the Fuji release.|
A user with the user_admin or admin role can assign the appropriate roles. For more information about user administration and instructions for assigning roles, see Creating Users and Associating to a Group.
Menus and Modules
Activating the IT Cost Management feature adds the IT Cost application menus.
|Note: The application name in the navigator is Financial Management prior to the Fuji release.|
Activating IT Cost Management
Administrators can activate the IT Cost Management plugin.
|Click the plus to expand instructions for activating a plugin.|
If you have the admin role, use the following steps to activate the plugin.
- The application name appears as IT Cost in the application navigator. The plugin name remains IT Cost Management.