Please use docs.servicenow.com for the latest documentation.
This site is for reference purposes only and may not be accurate for the latest ServiceNow version
Content Management Step-By-Step Overview
| Note: This article applies to Fuji. For more current information, see Configure Content Management Sites at http://docs.servicenow.com
The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated. Please refer to http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
Follow these steps to set up your content management portal:
- Plan the site: Obtain resources, communicate with others about design, and gather content. See CMS Planning.
- Create the site: Create new sites from within CMS or by editing a copy of the ESS Portal (in versions prior to Fuji) or the Service Management Portal (starting with the Fuji release). To create a new site from within CMS, see Creating a Site.
- Create a content page: Create content pages, which are the backbone of a site. CMS offers different types of pages to meet different needs. See Creating a Content Page.
- Add navigation: Provide logical navigation paths guide site users to the information they need. See Add Navigation.
- Test the site: After you have created or modified a site, test the site to ensure that content displays properly and all links work correctly. See Test the Site.