Please use docs.servicenow.com for the latest documentation.
This site is for reference purposes only and may not be accurate for the latest ServiceNow version
| Note: This article applies to Fuji. For more current information, see Configure a Form at http://docs.servicenow.com
The Wiki page is no longer being updated. Please refer to http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
Administrators and users with the personalize_form role can customize the layout for any form view.
Configuring forms is called personalizing forms in versions prior to the Fuji release. To configure a form:
- Right-click the form header and select the appropriate option for your version:
- Fuji or later: Configure > Form Layout
- Eureka or earlier: Personalize > Form Layout.
- Using the slushbucket, select the fields and the order in which you want them to appear.
- Available items that appear in green followed by a plus (+) sign represent related tables. To access fields on these tables, use dot-walking.
- Click Save.
|Warning: ServiceNow does not recommend adding the same field to different sections of a form unless the field displays read-only data. Having two or more instances of an editable field can cause data loss and prevent the proper functioning of UI and data policies.|
Configuring Insert for Task Records
The "Save", "Insert", and "Insert and Stay" options are disabled by default for task records (e.g., Incidents, Change Requests).
To configure these options for task records:
- Navigate to System Properties > UI Properties.
- Locate the property Allow the use of the "Insert" and "Insert and Stay" options on task derived tables. (glide.ui.task.insert )
- Select the check box to enable or clear the check box to disable (default) the options for tasks.
Adding a Related List
Related lists display records in another table that have a relationship with the current record. Administrators can configure related lists to appear on forms (and in hierarchical lists).
To add a related list to a form:
- Open the form.
- Right-click the header and select the appropriate option for your version:
- Fuji or later: Configure > Related Lists
- Eureka or earlier: Personalize > Related Lists
- Using the slushbucket, select the related list to display on the form.
- Related lists appear at the bottom of the form.
Adding a Chart to a Form
Administrators can add one or more charts directly to a form (starting with the Fuji release).
To add a chart to a form:
- Open the form.
- Right-click the header and select Configure > Form Layout.
- Using the slushbucket, select * Chart to display on the form.
- Enter a Label in the chart details.
- Click Save to return to the form and configure a chart for this widget.
Customer Updates Indicator
The customer updates indicator () may appear on the header of forms that have customer updates. Customer updates are changes that are tracked by update sets, such as scripts, service catalog items, and other configuration tables. For the full list, see List of Tracked Customizations.
Clicking the customer updates indicator opens the update set records for the item.
Administrators can configure this indicator to appear for all or for specific administrators using the owned_by_indicator.form user preference.
To configure the preference, navigate to User Administration > User Preferences.
- To enable it for all administrators, ensure the owned_by_indicator.form preference is set to true.
- To enable it for an individual administrator only, leave the owned_by_indicator.form preference set to false (default) and then create a new user preference with the following values:
- Name: owned_by_indicator.form
- User: <administrator for which to enable the preference>
- Value: true
The following video demonstrates configuring forms. For more e-Learning videos, see Tutorials.